The latest edition of Enterprise, Development and Microfinance, a highly respected and competitive research journal, showcases Reall’s climate-smart affordable housing solutions in two peer-reviewed papers, as part of a special issue on housing.
Written by Dr Andrew Jones, the paper highlights Reall’s partner Syntellect, and their innovative housing finance tool, RightProfile.
RightProfile is a customer profiling platform designed to help lenders accurately assess the credit risk of potential clients who are unbanked, or new to credit get access to mortgages, enabling people to own an asset.
- Reall’s partnership has catalysed Syntellect’s growth as a business and accelerated the use of RightProfile’s credit-scoring platform within lenders and developers in India
- Syntellect’s RightProfile platform highlights the potential for Indian firms to utilise innovative technologies to affordable housing finance challenges, widening inclusion for otherwise under-served customers
- Syntellect and Reall also share a vision to adapt RightProfile to rapidly urbanising sub-Saharan Africa, where the need is huge and housing finance sectors are comparatively underdeveloped
Access the full paper on Syntellect and Reall in urban India
Written by International Finance Cooperation (IFC), this paper explores drivers for green, affordable housing, and features Reall as a key case study for climate-smart solutions.
Watch the Business Case for Green Affordable Housing webinar, exploring the paper, showcasing examples of Reall’s on the ground projects across Africa and Asia, identifying the following six drivers of profitability:
- Access to international green finance flows for better financing terms
- Minimised incremental cost through early planning
- Faster sales through market differentiation
- Savings on utility bills for owners and renters
- Lowered default rates and better collateral value for green mortgages
- Incentives from local and national governments
Access the full Business Case for Green Affordable Housing paper